Wednesday 11 November 2015

Preliminary Task


This task required me to create a short scene of someone opening a door, crossing a room, sitting down opposite another character, exchanging a few lines of dialogue and then walking out of the room. As well as this, I also had to follow three rules:

Match on Action
- This is an editing technique to help with continuity
- The shot should portray a character doing an action then cut doing the same action from a different angle
- This creates a 'Visual Bridge' which can help draw the audience's attention away from the slight continuity issues

180° Rule
- This means that the camera cannot turn more than 180° throughout the scene

Shot/Reverse Shot
- Continuity editing technique in conversations or a character looking at an object
- Ties in with the 180° rule


The Storyboard for my Preliminary Task







This task has allowed me to get some practice with filming and directing which will directly impact the quality of my opening scene. This task taught me about some different camera angles and rules that could be followed to improve the aesthetic of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment